Monday, December 20, 2010

Great inspiration got me into a baking frenzy...


The first cinnamon roles we have made since we moved to Alabama - 6 months ago.


I have suddenly got into baking..... Usually it is my husband that stand for any creation in the kitchen. But I found myself more often stand there lately and today I really hit it off - to my husbands big smile... and he made comments... hmmm I should not do this too often... he might get used to it... *smiling*

Anyway, I started of with baking some cinnamon roles (Swedish version) - not as big and not to sweet. At the same time I stared of to do a batch of ebelskivers. Ebelskivers is my new thing - and I love to be able to make both savory foods and desserts. It started when I walked into one of my favorite stores here in the USA. Williams Sonoma - a very high class store with lots of nice things for the kitchen. That is a store I will miss when I go back home. So now we eat even more than we need... ha ha. I guess I just have to work even harder at the gym...


Ebelskivers (danish) here with a mix of salmon, dill, Philadelphia cheese. Served with freshly squeezed lemon juice. Delicious!


These Ebelskivers contain apples and cinnamon. Topped with powdered sugar.. Yummi!



My favorite cookware and my favorite cookbook for the moment.... Can recommend it to all!!

1 comment:

  1. Vad kul att du köpte denna panna och boken! De ser jättejätte goda ut. Jag gillar Williams-Sonoma. De är ju rätt dyra men roliga att kika på och köpa ett och annat smått och gott. Jag funderade länge på att köpa just detta settet men till slut blev det inte av. Just nu har vi en induktionsspis så många av mina fina grytor och pannor som jag köpte på mig i USA funkar inte :-(
    Supertrist. Nästa boende ska jag se till att INTE ha induktionshäll. Visst är det toppen att man kan koka upp vatten snabbt men annars så tycker jag inte att det är så praktiskt. Jag saknar alla mina riktigt bra teflon kastruller och andra pannor och grytor. Jag köpte bland annat en panna som är som ett plättlägg men istället för plättar blir det minivåfflor på just Williams-Sonoma som jag nu inte kan andvända. Ha ha kanske din make vill att du ska fortsätta vara house wife även efter att ni lämnar Alabama så att han kan få sådana här godsaker i fortsättningen också ;-)
    Kram!

    ReplyDelete